We at WordPress Skills Academy understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our sites and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” – means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our sites;
- “Cookie” – A small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Sites when you visit certain parts of Our Sites and/or when you use certain features of Our Sites. Details of the Cookies used by Our Sites are set out in section 11, below;
- “Our Sites” – our websites, https://learnwpskills.com and https://myacademy.learnwpskills.com
- “UK and EU Cookie Law” – means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;
- “We/Us/Our” – means WordPress Skills academy, operated by Keep IT Simple. Registered in Israel, 80B Katsenelson st. Givatayim Israel.
2. Scope – What does this policy cover?
3. What data do we collect?
- Contact information such as email addresses
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
4. How do we use your data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 5, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible [products and] services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Sites;
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalizing and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe or manage preferences link at the bottom of our email communications.
- Market research;
- Analyzing your use of Our Sites and gathering feedback]to enable Us to continually improve Our Sites and your user experience;
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Advertisers whose content appears on Our Sites may engage in what is known as “behavioral advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 11. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Sites
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.